UNIONDALE, N.Y. (AP) — Vincent Trocheck scored 1:36 into overtime period to lift the Carolina Hurricanes to a 3-2 win over the New York Islanders.
The Hurricanes stopped a four-game losing skid and sent the Islanders to their sixth loss in a row.
The winning goal came with the Hurricanes on the power play.
Trocheck was able to bat the puck out of the air and past Islanders goaltender Thomas Greiss.
The goal was confirmed after a lengthy review by the officials.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- CMPD: ‘Machetes, bats, explosives and firearms’ used to threaten officers Monday night; 27 arrested
- White House pondered taking control of DC police
- State of Minnesota files complaint against police in Floyd’s death
- US cities erupt in more violence as Trump decries `lowlifes’
- NC’s top doctor understands need for protests, warns of risks